portlander post: Anything and Everything

6.26.2013

Hey there GoodHeart readers, my name is Justine and I blog over at Anything and Everything.
In 2010 I moved to Portland, Oregon from Salem, Oregon in order to attend Portland State
University. Moving to Portland was one of the best decisions I’ve made in my life thus far.
I had so much fun exploring the city, and got to know a lot of great people. I knew before I had
moved to Portland how awesome the food scene is, but once I made the move I became quite the
foodie. I even have a page on my blog dedicated to all of my favorite restaurants in Portland
{which you can see here}. One of my favorite things to do in life is sit around a table with great
food, surrounded by even greater company. You’re probably wondering what my favorite meal of
the day is, and it’s definitely dessert. Yes, dessert is a meal and you cannot tell me any different.
 photo IMG_3477-Version2_zpse7904b50.jpg
I was so flattered when I received an email from Danica asking me if I would like to do this
guest post on Portland for her. {Thank you for thinking of me Danica!} From my babbling above,
you’ve probably gathered that I’m going to share some of my favorite places in Portland to chow
down, and you’re right. Though more specifically, I want to share some of my favorite places
for dessert. Enjoy!

One of my favorite treats in the world is a Parisian macaron. It is a light, airy, and somewhat
chewy cookie made out of almond meal and typically filled with cream. The best place in Portland
to grab a few, or a box full of these little treats is, Nuvrei. They come in a wide variety of flavors,
but the pistachio and chocolate ganache are my favorites.
 photo IMG_2697_zps4de71fed.jpg

My love for French pastries continues, although I have yet to visit France. I feel that St. Honoré Boulangerie
really knows how to do a chocolate croissant, possibly because it’s owned by a Frenchman, ha. Really,
you can’t go wrong with any pastry you get there. I love the minis because it allows me to
try a little bit of everything.
 photo IMG_2699_zpse06f044b.jpg

Ah, donuts. I’m sure everyone has heard of Voodoo Donuts, but there’s a new donut shop in town.
It’s called Blue Star Donuts, and they take donuts seriously. Some of their donut flavors include,
but are definitely not limited to: S’mores, Maple Bacon, Bananas Foster, Coffee & Coconut
Cheesecake, and PB&J.
 photo IMG_2705_zpsaa092442.jpg

Ice cream is typically my go-to dessert, but throw it between two cookies and I’m in heaven.
At Ruby Jewel Ice Cream you can get an ice cream sandwich, ice cream in a cone, ice cream in
a dish, ice cream blended, and of course an ice cream sundae. They offer a variety of flavors, and
dairy-free options as well! My favorite includes their seasonal pumpkin, and peanut butter ice cream
sandwiched between two chocolate cookies - YUM!
 photo IMG_2706_zpsd9a6ee63.jpg

Any pie lovers out there? I never really thought of myself as a pie person except on Thanksgiving;
a slice of pumpkin and pecan please! Now that I know about Pacific Pie Company I could go for
a slice of pie more than once a year. I loved their peanut butter and chocolate pie, but I’m dying to
try their banana cream!
 photo IMG_2707_zpsaf7a0c25.jpg

Head on over to my blog to read about more of my favorite restaurants in Portland!
Cheers to the official beginning of summer!

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is anyone else craving pie now??
But seriously, go check out Justine's blog and show her some love!
She's got some great places to check out for your trip to Portland, which I know
you're planning right now, and has some great photos to take a gander at.
Thanks so much for guest posting, Justine!

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.