the bar method

11.08.2012

This post has nothing to do with drinks, far from it.
In the past few months, I gained a few more pounds than I would have liked. So given that I'm relatively unemployed at the moment, I've been using a lot of my time to work on my fitness.
Last week, I finally got to try a barre class!
If you're not sure what a barre class is, here's the description from The Bar Method website:
"integrates the fat burning format of interval training, the muscle shaping technique of isometrics, the elongating principles of dance conditioning, and the science of physical therapy to create a revolutionary new workout that quickly and safely reshapes your entire body."
It is quite a workout and I was pretty sore the day after.
 Overall, I really liked the class and would highly recommend trying it out! 
Fun Fact: The woman in the picture above is a Bar Method teacher here in Portland. 
Not in Portland?? There's 65 other studios in different states and BC Canada. 
See if there's one close to you, here.
The Bar Method isn't the only place you can get a barre workout and they're all a little bit different. 
Here's an article that gives you a description of them.  

So, what do you think? 
Would you try a barre class? Have you already?

post signature 



pictures: 1 via lululemon // 2 via Bar Method PDX fb page

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.