wishing wednesday

10.24.2012

I thought I'd start something new, so here is Wishing Wednesday's.
This week I'm wishing I could visit this place...
                                                                                                 Source: imgur.com

This is Kochia Hill in Hitachi Seaside Park, located in Hitachinaka City, Japan. 
It's pretty spectacular, don't you think?? It also seems to resemble Dr. Seuss' world in The Lorax
This plant called kochia, also known as summer cypress, looks like it's fluffy but is said to be quite prickly instead. This park is open all year, but to see it like this you would need to visit in early-mid October. So if you just so happen to be in Japan, go visit!

post signature

9 comments:

  1. I can't believe this is REAL! Funny you mentioned the Lorax, because that's exactly what I thought it was for a second. Thanks so much for dropping by today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so right it looks just like the lorax!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As soon as I saw this I thought LORAX! So crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha. i know! it is crazy and awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What?! That's one of the coolest places I've ever seen...adding it to my travel list...

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, do! it's definitely on my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. isn't it?! i would love to go see it in person! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.