travel tuesday: athens, greece

10.18.2011

I had kind of forgotten that I had not posted about Athens. I really didn't take all that many pictures and it definitely wasn't a favorite of the cities I visited. However, it is still an important city with a rich history and culture. 




The Acropolis was amazing. I still find it hard to believe that I actually got to go and see it in person. It's not something most people get to see, even when they do travel to Europe. 

I think the main reason I didn't particularly care for it was because I was living in another big Greek city that I could compare it to. Thessaloniki, to me, was a much nicer city, especially to live in. It didn't have all the tourist traps that Athens obviously had (since they do have the Acropolis and all). Either way, though, don't miss visiting Athens! I just suggest that you spend a day or two there and then get yourself to one of the islands. :)

post signature

6 comments:

  1. I love that sea of white. I hope to go to Greece one of these days with Eric! Would be lovely!!

    Kristina
    Something 2 Write About

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alissa! Yeah I agree, there are so many other places in Greece that are amazing that Athens does become underwhelming in comparison. It's still cool though. haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks absolutely beautiful!

    Jazz xo
    http://cupcakesnsweets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree--there are some must-see ancient sights in Athens but otherwise I was underwhelmed. Just felt like a huge city without much else going for it. Which sounds super negative, but there are so many other beautiful places in Greece. Anyhow, great pictures!

    - Alissa
    http://iamutterlysimple.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. So neat that you got to be in Greece. I just stumbled onto your blog and wanted to say that I love your pictures. They are beautiful. And I love Downton Abbey and I can't wait til it returns.

    Alison
    The Book of Love
    alisonleighjones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful photos, I wold love to go there someday.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.