totally twisted-part 2

9.22.2011

I went to Ulta a week or two ago just to browse and possibly find a new hair product to try out. 
I ended up asking one lady who worked there what styling products would be good for my hair. 
At some point, she ended up asking me what I use and I think I surprised her. She looked bewildered at the amount of products I use to get my hair to cooperate, which I did not appreciate. I mean, I have been looking for products to try that could substitute my gel/mousse combo, but I haven't as of yet. I've also tried just using gel or mousse, and my hair never looks as well as when I use both. (Supposedly Taylor Swift doesn't use any styling products, which I find hard to believe and she has a makeup/hair team so that whole statement doesn't count). 
Anyway, I thought I would elaborate on my hair routine. 
Products used- 1. Fekkai curls cream, 2. Herbal Essences Totally Twisted gel, 3. John Frieda Frizz-Ease mousse (travel size)
I wanted to show the amount of product I actually use. I don't use gobs of my products, the mousse looks like a lot but it's mainly foam-y air. I also have somewhat long hair at the moment, so if you have shorter or longer hair than mine you will need to subtract/add product accordingly.
Also, sometimes hair is just not having a good day...
hair feeling dry, add more of the curl cream 
feeling frizzier than usual, add more gel
need a little boost, add a bit more mousse. 
(that rhymed, didn't it??)
I know the main reason people with curly hair avoid most styling products is because of the crunchy aspect, but that is mainly from hairspray. (Yes, let us all remember the 80's and may those hair techniques RIP). I avoid hairspray like the plague, which has also given me a fear of spray gel. Pretty much spray anything isn't a great idea, unless you spray it in your hands first but that kind of defeats the whole purpose.

So after all this, you let your hair air dry. The reason I like to air dry my hair is mainly because with a diffuser the curl of my hair changes and it can make products do the crunchy factor thing. 
Once it feels pretty dry...
flip your hair over and shake out the roots. 

Ta-da!! You are good to go!

Missed out on part 1?? Check it out here.
ps I'm still looking for a product that can substitute my gel/mousse combo, 
I'll let you know of any miraculous hair discoveries.

post signature

4 comments:

  1. I have a friend who has really tight ringlets & I've seen the masses of product she uses. It's exhausting just thinking about it. You have gorgeous hair BTW (as does Taylor Swift & I agree with you that she has to be using some product!).
    Just dropping by to say hi from the Indie Blogger conference (yep, only getting round to it now!). Would be lovely if you could drop by my blog  & say hi ...
    Happy Friday!
    Kelly @ 
    Elegantly Academic

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool. Your curls look neat!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic hair!

    kisses,
    Klaudia B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bah! So cute. My hair is wavy, and when it was long there were major curls (especially by my neck, haha). But now that it's short, you kinda have to straighten it to give it volume at the top! Great idea on the hair tutorial. I'm sure the other curly-haired gals will thank you for it!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.