travel tuesday: thessaloniki, greece

4.12.2011

I love this place! 
(fyi it's where I studied abroad)
Don't worry if you've never heard of it, I hadn't either before 
I found the program to study there and googled it. 
It is Greece's second city.
So it definitely is a big city, in the northern part of Greece. 
I think Thess is so much better to visit than Athens. 
(Although seeing the Parthenon is important and great too.)
It isn't a very touristy city and feels much more 
like you're in Greece, instead of just another large city.
Thessaloniki has great food and I completely miss it! 
I seriously need to find a good Greek restaurant. 
If you ever get a chance to go to Greece, you should definitely try to go to Thessaloniki!

ps I really wish I could get into a taxi and say 
"Vasilis Olgas--Papakyriazi" and get to my apartment again.

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.